Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reflections.....

I was just hanging out with K-9 earlier for abit, over a puff of holy smokes. Conversations took quite a few turns and eventually I happened to point out an apartment within my view. That having happened ages ago, when I was still stuck in the toddler phase, way before K-9 came in as a mistaken addition into my household.

And from there it spiralled on to certain theories concerning early childhood psychology.

And hey, zoom! That eventually took me to one memorable trip I had when I was in Pri 3. One little one I had in the planning for a week, at that age. A micro mini one actually, hardly considered a trip in the local context. But hey, I had no way of knowing the lack of space in this country then. So there I was, ready to get on that air-conditioned bus, the first of its kind in this city, route no 76, making a trip to Marine Parade. (some trip that was). And I got bored the very second I got there, forcing me to look homeward on the next bus. Of course I got busted by the parental units, the reality of me staring into the face of a spanking session was ever so clear. I had to think up some shit, which I did to a certain extent.

Perhaps that is where it all began. I feel very much the same still, being stifled, this time by the place (still), my occupation, the culture I am so familliar with, they get to me somehow. And I always look forward yo getting on a flight and taking off.

And it comes around a full circle. I tire of the greener pastures just as quickly. Contentment is never one of my virtues I suppose.

On a good note, I am done with 'Los Alamos' and caught a couple of interesting flicks last night. More reviews headed in this direction.

*auf wiedersehen*


No comments: